Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Unfinished projects & prototypes PART 2

Hello everyone!

It's been some time but I'm back again with some more projects & prototypes that never got finished!
If any of you are interested to know more about a particular project, feel free to ask!

For your viewing pleasure, the gifs have been converted to web video.


2 Player Action RPG [UNFINISHED]


What is it?
A very small 2 player "action rpg" where you could both use a controller to move around in a 3D dungeon and defeat monsters.

What was the goal?
Creating an action RPG for 2 players with quests and loot.

Why isn't it a finished game?
This was one of my earlier projects and I was being overambitious with this one (wouldn't be the first time :p ), so the scope got huge and it blew up.
It was really buggy but at least it was fun making simple cube enemies like wolves, witches and zombies.

Any interesting facts about this game?
This was the frst game where I got a split screen going on.


Turntable [UNFINISHED]



What is it?
An interactive turntable that displays a sword I made.

What was the goal?
An interactive turntable that could show off lots of my models.

Why isn't it a finished game?
I worked on this for about 2 hours and I got tired of it.
There are better alternatives to do this.

Any interesting facts about this game?
I got nothing.


Fashion Museum (MOMU) Walkthrough [UNFINISHED]


What is it?
A walkthrough through a partial 3D model I made of the fashion museum in Antwerp.

What was the goal?
I wanted to virtually recreate the museum so I could walk around in it and have some gameplay inside.

Why isn't it a finished game?
There wasn't enough interest and the environment isn't appropriate for any of my other projects.

Any interesting facts about this game?
The lightmapping was a PITA, it took quite some time to bake the lightning and I just couldn't get it right.




Virtual Museum [UNFINISHED]



What is it?
A few models thrown around in a small room.

What was the goal?
Like with the turntable, I wanted a way to show off my future 3D models.
I thought a virtual museum might be fun.

Why isn't it a finished game?
Just walking around and looking at objects is kind of boring (big surprise, right?) and I felt like I was just wasting my time with it.

Any interesting facts about this game?
Nope.


Card Game [PROTOTYPE]



What is it?
A very small prototype to try out how a game like Hearthstone would work out.

What was the goal?
Making 3D cards that could be dynamic and rotated any way.

Why isn't it a finished game?
The cards couldn't be rotated around, this would cause the front of the card to be visible through the back.
I didn't have a decent card game to make either.

Any interesting facts about this game?
The character on the cards is Luffy from the famous anime One Piece.


Project First Person Quest [UNFINISHED]



What is it?
A tour inside a castle with a gloomy atmosphere, nothing to do though besides walking, looking around and swinging the sword.

What was the goal?
I'm not sure, I wanted to make something with the same feel as King's Field , a dark and depressing atmosphere.

Why isn't it a finished game?
I didn't have a clear goal so I wasn't sure what to next and I got demotivated as a result.

Any interesting facts about this game?
The inspiration for this game was probably Dark Souls 2, because I was playing that intensively at the time.



There you go!
Another batch of doomed projects and chances to learn!

As always, thanks for reading!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment